Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Blogger

I have debated for quite some time now about whether or not I should start a blog. I am almost positive that I won't keep this updated like I should, but I'm going to give it a try anyway. Hopefully I'll never run out of interesting things to say on here. ;)

Since this is my first blog, I'll go ahead and update you on what has been going on in my life the past few weeks. In February, I won the title of Miss Heritage, which qualified me to compete in the Miss Mississippi Scholarship Pageant. I have always been one of those girls who said I would NEVER get into pageantry, but I had a blast! Since February, I have been training and preparing myself for the competition. This meant finding a song to sing for talent, perfecting that song, picking out a wardrobe for the pageant, and working out like CRAZY in order to look good in the swimsuit phase of competition. ;) The working out and eating better thing was definitely the hardest part of training for me, but I seemed to manage it ok. :)



So, last weekend, I competed along with 44 other beautiful and talented young women from across the state for the title of Miss Mississippi. Although I did not place in the Top Ten, I did however win the "Local Director's Award" which meant I placed 11th. I also won a Preliminary Talent Award and a Non Finalist Talent Award. Overall, I managed to win $2900 in scholarships through Miss Mississippi. I'll definitely settle for that. ;) Not only did I rack up some great scholarship money...I also made some great friends along the way. Friends that I will never forget!

I never knew that pageants could be so much fun. I can't wait to go back next year!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment