Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lubbock, Texas


Hello!!

Wow...haven't blogged in a while. Things have definitely been crazy. Now that I am finally moved into my new apartment in Tuscaloosa, hopefully it will slow down a little and I'll have more time to blog. :)

I have SO many things/events I need to blog about, but my trip to Texas cannot wait any longer. :)

Earlier this month, Casey and I flew to Lubbock, TX to visit his parents. First of all, I love his parents. I am so thankful that they allowed me to come along with Casey to visit them. To be honest, I had never heard of Lubbock until the Conrads moved there. I was expecting a little hole-in-the-wall-middle-of-no-where town. HA! Lubbock is the complete opposite! Mr. R actually told me that Lubbock is BIGGER than Southaven AND Olive Branch put together! And it was.

Much to my surprise, there was a LOT to do in the town of Lubbock. Every store you could ever need is there, and boy did we do some shopping. :) My favorite shopping stop was at World Market where I bought a few cute things for my new apartment.

Casey's parents took us to many great places to eat, but my favorite was Orlando's. It was a really neat Italian restaurant. Oh, and we just happened to stop in on "All You Can Eat Spaghetti, Salad, & Garlic Bread" night. Mmmm mmm good.

We had so much fun in Texas. We shopped, ate, visited, and watched the CMT Country Video Countdown ;) BUT, my favorite part of the trip was when Mr. & Mrs. C took Case and I to the lake for the day. The lake was absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect.

Our trip to Texas was one that I will never forget. I can't wait to go back again!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment